Ads 468x60px

Saturday, November 6, 2010

**Featured Artist: JOONIE**

Introducing: Joonie
Musician, Singer, Songwriter, Arranger

Calvin “JOONIE” Gary, Jr. is an American singer, songwriter, arranger and musician, specializing in Soul, R&B and Popular Music. He has written for and collaborated with artists such as Ruben Studdard, Elliot Yamin, Nappy Roots, Angie Stone and Mos Def (unreleased). Currently his music is featured in the BET movie "I Do, I Did".

If you've never heard Joonie's music before, you're surely missing out. His sultry lyrics mixed with his positiveness towards women is definitely something the music industry is missing. Joonie's album, Acoustic Love was released earlier this year and he's definitely leaving a mark on the music scene. Read below for an exclusive Q&A to get to know this talented singer, musician, songwriter, and arranger.

Enjoy the sounds of Fresh while reading....

http://files.podsnack.net/app/swf/EmbedCanvas.swf?hash_id=cdf147c226ac7ed43d6a5c1c01a95865&watermark=trueTo view this music player you need to have Flash Player 9 or newer installed and JavaScript enabled. Use PodSnack to create and <a href="http://www.podsnack.com/" title="PodSnack - Custom flash mp3 players for websites">embed music player</a> widgets into your website.

AllureRadio: Please give us a brief bio, where you are from and how you got your start in the industry?
Joonie: I was born in North Carolina, raised mostly in Seattle and currently reside in L.A. I'm a Musician, Producer, Singer and Songwriter who's been doing this since I was a kid. My 1st break into the industry professionally was when Warren G. heard a demo of mine and coordinated me signing my 1st record deal with Elektra Entertainment.

If you had to describe your musical style in 3 or 4 words, what would you call it?
Raw Genuine Pure Water.... because it sustains, its refreshing and its always relevant.

What instruments do you play?
I play the guitar, percussion, drums, Bass but my 1st love out of the instruments I play on records would have to be the PIANO. I started playing piano when I was 9 yrs old and haven't looked back since... now thats a long term relationship. 'lol"

What do you feel distinguishes an artist from being just a musician? 
Well, any musician can play a song but an artist should be able to create and captivate a person through lyrics, voice, or even there approach to playing there instrument or singing. Artist paint original pictures and if you cant.. your probably just a musician.

What is your biggest accomplishment thus far in your career?
 It's hard to answer that because they all were and are so important to who I've become today but I guess I'd have to say signing my 1st major label deal. It opened up so many doors, relationships and I gained tones of experience through it even without having an album released.

Most valuable piece of advice you've received about the industry and by whom was it given?
Warren G. told me when I was 20, the game was cut throat and it don't wait for nobody. I thought I understood what he meant but I really didn't until years down the line that he was saying keep my eyes open and don't wait for nobody to make moves for me.

Music has obviously been keeping you busy but when you have downtime, what do you like to do?
Watch movies, play some ball, hang with the fam bam etc.

What's next for you?
Doing a lot of production, working on some duets.. "keep your ears open" and continuing to work hard at getting this great music in to the cars, living rooms, bedrooms and mp3 players of millions. God knows the world needs this music right now.

Connect With Joonie
www.jooniezone.com
www.twitter.com/jooniezone
www.facebook.com/jooniesmusic
Purchase Acoustic Love on Amazon or Itunes today!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

LIKE AllureRadio on Facebook!