Ads 468x60px

Thursday, November 18, 2010

**FEATURED ARTIST: ILLA SCORSESE**

Featured Artist: Illa Scorsese
The Stephen King of Rap

Illa was born, raised, and played on the streets of North Philly. Before things seemingly began to spin out of control, he relocated to the Richmond, Virginia area so that he could progress positively in life and within his musical career. Illa was blessed with his name from one of his Southern Virginia peers, which pays homage to his hometown of Illadelphia, PA.

From age 15 to the present, Illa has kept both a job and a hustle. This is evident when listening to his music, which touches on everything from hustlin' to make ends meet, to engaging in a legal gig. His unique approach to conveying real life situations in his music showcases his versatility.

Illa has shared the stage in explosive, crowd-moving performances with the likes of TREY SONGZ, JIM JONES, YOUNG JEEZY, LIL WAYNE, CRIMEMOB, LIL BOOSIE, MOBB DEEP, CURRENSY and others. He has appeared on numerous mix-tapes by the HITTMEN DJ'S, THE HEAVYHITTERS, and THE BAD BOYS. He has also created a number of personal mix-tapes.

With a natural inclination toward business, Illa has started several regional labels, modeling agencies, and media outlets. Not only has he utilized his remarkable song writing abilities and creative ideas for his personal use, he has also developed various artists in the Philadelphia and Virginia locales.

With the upcoming release of his independent album *Illavation* it's lead single "Whateva You Want" is already spinning in the Virginia, Dallas, Atlanta, Tampa, and New York club scenes and radio waves, and has garnered the attention of The SOURCE MAG and other valued musical outlets. Illavation is expected to be released in the spring of 2011.

Check out my exclusive Q&A with Illa while listening to Whateva You Want
http://files.podsnack.net/app/swf/EmbedCanvas.swf?hash_id=c40f4d724e7e9f3c6967b608aa104659&watermark=true

What made you decide to pursue music as your career choice?
It's kinda crazy, Me and my niggas used to freestyle on karaoke machines back in Philly. We were young buls so buying blocks of time at the studio was out of the question. People took notice of how nice I was with the words so I kept at it honing my skills until I became a revered MC. It's more than a career for me though, it’s a lifestyle, and writing songs are therapeutic.

Biggest accomplishment so far in your career?
I would say I have 2; 1st one would be working with Trey Songz on the remix of two records that were regional hits in the Virginia area, "Booty Bounce" and "Disco Ballin" The 2nd would be performing at the Richmond coliseum and the Landmark Theatre, those are two stages I used to watch various artists fall thru the city and rock. Just to be able to feel that energy for myself and to get a great response was sick!. Make it 3 things...lol The first time I heard myself on the radio was great, I felt a sense of overwhelming accomplishment and pride.

Artists you'd like to collaborate with?
NAS! That’s my favorite MC period. I think that’s the biggest accomplishment an MC can acquire to have Nas on your project. Black Thought is another one. He's an animal and immensely slept on to me. And last but not least Quincy Jones, I would just like to be in his presence and soak it up. He's the Godfather in my opinion.

Most valuable advice you've received regarding the industry?
90% business 10% music You have to really be up on your P's and Q's in this entertainment industry.

What's next for Illa?
Spring 2011 I will be releasing my debut solo album Illavation, I'm about 2-3 records from what I feel is a brilliant body of work. I'm my hardest critic and the material I've recorded thus far is blowing my mind. I had an opportunity to work with producers who have laced tracks for Keyshia Cole, Missy Elliot, Black Thought, Talib Kweli, Busta Rhymes, & Wiz Khalifa to name a few. I wanna make sure the set up is perfect as far as visuals to go with select records to really bring people into my world.

Last words for your fans/supporters?
I wanna say thanx for the support throughout the years, I love all of ya'll. I wanna thank Allure Radio for giving us artists a lane to get out our music. To aspiring artists I wanna say Don't be afraid to chase your dreams and don't compromise your creativity for no one. It's cool to be unique you can't stand out if your too busy trying to fit in. Those of you who are new to me you can reach me on Twitter @IllaScorsese stay 200proof.


Connect With Illa
Twitter: @IllaScorsese
Facebook: IllaScorsese
Booking, Interviews, Collabs: Peppy Johnson at 804.319.6696 or email peppyjohnson@gmail.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

LIKE AllureRadio on Facebook!