Ads 468x60px

Saturday, October 30, 2010

**Featured Artist: GOODZ MAJOR**

Introducing: Goodz Major
Founder, Artist, and Member of MajorMuzikGroup
Genre: Hip Hop/Rap
Location: Miami, FL

Just when it seemed like the creativity and versatility was
diminishing in the Hip Hop world here came the new breath of fresh air by the name of GooDz aka GooDz Major. Born in Miami, FL, GooDz soaked up influence from artist you may not have expected. Does being from the south make you a southern sounding artist? Sounds like perfect sense, but this is exactly what separates GooDz from the remaining few. Influenced by the sounds of LL Cool J, Notorious B.I.G, Jay-z, and 50 Cent, GooDz sets himself to no boundaries when it comes to creating music.
The music speaks for itself. Every album I've ever listened to as I was growing up has some significant part in the music I create today. Music is a passion for me before anything, which is why I create it respectfully.
This Miami native currently possesses an impressive catalog of nine independently
financed and promoted mixtapes, masters graphic design, and produces music in addition to ghost writing for artist. The name is a simple indication of what it means to have everything, GooDz.

Listen to Goodz Love Come Down while reading on to The Usual 5
http://flash-mp3-player.net/medias/player_mp3_mini.swf

The Usual 5 with Goodz
1. What made you decide to pursue music as your career choice?
I've always been a fan of music, I didn't really appreciate the art until I started to create it myself. You learn to appreciate the creativity and skill needed to make your art appealing to the masses. Its a challenge for me that keeps me interested and ups my passion for it.

2. Biggest accomplishment so far in your career?
My biggest accomplishment honestly has to be just my dedication. I started off with a easy mentality and I've since matured in this game ever since mentally and creatively. I've learned that this game owes me nothing and I gotta make things work to my favor. Realizing that and being able to apply it to my everyday life is a major accomplishment because a lot of upcoming artist have a hard time realizing that.

3. Artists you'd like to collaborate with?
Honestly, I'm influenced by sounds everyday, my ear for music is incredible, I listen to rock, and pop in addition to Hip Hop you know, so it makes it versatile. My dream collaboration has always been Ryan Leslie. His creativeness and sound just inspires good music for me.

4. Most valuable advice you've received regarding the industry?
Most valuable advice I received came from a close friend of mine who said "In the Industry they're gonna hate you, then they gonna love you, then they're gonna hate you again, but never take it personal because as long as they do one, they still know you exist and that's all you need". I've been walking with that saying since.

5. What's next for Goodz?
Honestly I don't know what's next for me, but I know it involves sucess and New York City next year. I have a few promising situations in order and I'm just tryna keep my name relevant. So till then ill just keep making the music for my listeners and hope things go the way we see it on this side ya know. You learn in this industry that you can't go on promises or hopes you just gotta make things happen.

Connect with Goodz
www.itsgoodz.com
www.twitter.com/itsgoodz
Booking/Management: (718)808-5488

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

LIKE AllureRadio on Facebook!